Honoring the Past, Celebrating the Present, Embracing the Future
1924 - 2024
Are you ready to experience golfing at its finest? We invite you to be a part of our century-old tradition of golfing excellence as we celebrate our centennial year! Our golf club has been a beacon of sportsmanship, camaraderie, and top-tier golfing for 100 years, and we're ready to make our next century even more remarkable.
- Heritage and Tradition: For a hundred years, our golf club has been a place where golf enthusiasts and aficionados come together to celebrate the spirit of the game. Our rich history is a testament to our enduring passion for golf.
- Exceptional Course: Our meticulously designed golf course offers a challenging and rewarding experience for players of all skill levels. From lush fairways to beautifully maintained greens, we take pride in our course's quality.
- Centennial Celebrations: Be a part of a year-long celebration as we honor our 100 years of golfing excellence. Experience special events, tournaments, and surprises throughout the year that make our centennial celebration a truly unique experience
- Community and Camaraderie: Our golf club is not just about golf; it's about building lasting relationships and fostering a sense of community. Enjoy the warmth and friendliness of our members and staff
- Future Innovations: We're not just celebrating our history; we're also committed to the future. Stay tuned for exciting updates, enhancements, and events that will continue to elevate your golfing experience.
Koshkonong Mounds Country Club was originally built as a resort in 1870 to host the sportsmen to hunt and fish these legendary waters. These waters were once known to be one of the premier duck hunting destinations in the entire United States. In 1922, the initial golf course construction took place, utilizing many of the native effigy mounds as navigational hazards. After two short years, the new course opened for play in the summer of 1924.
An additional nine holes opened in the summer of 1981 which brings Koshkonong Mounds to what you play today - a true, honest test for golfers of all abilities.
Spring of 2019 brought improvements to the golfing experience by adding two buildings housing temperature-controlled flush bathrooms and our on-course bar. You cannot beat the strategic placement of these facilities! Our unique on-course bar known as the Bear Trap is staffed daily between Memorial Day to Labor Day (limited hours in the elbow portion of the season). Hydration, snacks, food, and a fully stocked cocktail bar greet you after every third hole. This location eliminates the need for a beverage cart and provides you with a fantastic selection of food and beverages while on the course.
In 2023, investments were made with the assistance of private donations and the Koshkonong Golf Academy, a 501(c)(3) organization. A reception patio was designed and constructed under the advisement of the Peter Newcomb family. Peter was an active member of KMCC for over 25 years. Beyond golfing, he dedicated his time and talents to further enhance the course grounds and facilities. In his honor, Peter's Patio exists for our guests to enjoy. The next crucial investment was the creation of the new driving range that is located between 1 and 9 fairways. This specially designed short-range will offer limited flight balls and replace our past netted warmup location. The range and balls are included with all memberships and green fees.
As the facility continues to grow, we look to our past for inspiration and to our future for aspiration! We will always honor these hallowed grounds in which we walk.
If you would like more information or would like to tour the Native Effigy Mounds of Koshkonong Mounds, please stop by for the self-guided tour or give us a call at 920-563-2823.
Board of Directors
• Ty Rohloff - Club President
• Missy Madison - Vice President
• Eric Wixom- Secretary
• Rick Austin - Treasurer
Aaron Burke | Mary Jones | Kris Koenig | Mark McGlynn | Alex Wirth
It is the mission of Koshkonong Mounds Country Club to provide its membership & guests a unique, affordable golf & dining experience while maintaining a positive role within our local communities.